Sunday, January 13, 2013

Is Age Just a Number?

Sure it is.  And 'experience' is just a word too.  I got a kick out of Brian Wong's post on LinkedIn.  Brian's a 21-year-old.  Although his age is stated in the article, I could have guessed he was a youngster just by reading the article.  I love his enthusiasm, passion, energy, innocence, and idealism. 

But time and experience changes the lens through which we view everything in life, including our work.  And that's OK.  We make mistakes and are held accountable.  We encounter plenty of roadblocks.  We develop a thicker skin and a higher level of skepticism.  Life may knock us down a time or two, but many, many helpful lessons are learned.  In other words, we grow up.  I bet many of us wish we were more like Brian.  Not me.  Those days of innocence were nice.  But, I'd never want to have to learn many of life's hard lessons TWICE!          

No comments:

Post a Comment