Sunday, February 5, 2012

Humor: Top 7 Reasons to Leave Work by 5:00

Since our culture currently overemphasizes the amount of time we should spend at work, it's unlikely you can openly say "I'm leaving work now because I want to enjoy the other areas of my life."  So here's a list of some other options to get out the door by 5:00! 

1.  I HAVE to leave now in order to beat traffic.  (Be careful, the boss may counter with "You're better off staying until 6:30. You won't have to deal with traffic then and you'll probably get home around the same time.")

2.  I've got to pick up my child at daycare before it closes.  (I've heard of people who considered lying about having kids in order to use this one!  How sad is that?!)

3.  I need to get home to let my dog out.  (Faking a pet may be better than trying to fake a kid!)


4.  You arrived 5 minutes before the boss today, so as far as he/she knows, you got in at 6:00AM this morning.

5.  You really pissed off your spouse/significant other yesterday and need to get home to make dinner to try and get out of the doghouse.  (Don't use this one too often or your co-workers will start to think less of you for ticking off your special someone so often!)

6.  I've got to get home and cut the grass before it gets dark.  (Unfortunately, people in the north can't use this one nearly as often as those in the south!)

7.  I've got to pick up my car at the mechanic shop.  (If you drive a newer car, you better not use this one often!)

No comments:

Post a Comment